Sunday 3 December 2017

Changing storage


Whew what a tiring day yesterday.  This is my new storage unit which came in lots of boxes with lots of polystyrene amongst the wooden panels. Very well packaged and hubby was most impressed with the build quality and how easy it was to put together. So this is the storage unit it replaced and this one has now moved into the space in the spare room which previously held a chest of drawers.


As you can see there is a lot of wasted space and there are boxes on top of boxes which is annoying. Every time I want to use the box on the bottom right I move the stamping platform to the left, then I want that box and move it back again.


This is the new unit assembled without the shelves. Look at the floor behind Graham! The beauty of these units is they are purpose built for crafting and it comes with enough shelves to fit 4 litre really useful boxes all the way up each side.  As I already had some boxes which I hoped would fit I bought it without the boxes and without doors as my room is narrow and doors would just be annoying to open all the time. I need quick access to things.


So this is a work in progress. I need to buy some more boxes and sort out some of the things which are stored on the other side of the room but I am so pleased by how much space there is in it. I didn't think my coloured box drawers would fit but they do perfectly. As you can place the shelves where you like we were able to fit my stamping platform into a narrow space on the right.  Once it is finished I will take some more photos.  I am so pleased with it and can really recommend Storage 4 Crafts for quality and service.

19 comments:

Glennis F said...

I t is looking wonderful! lucky you

meg said...

looks great Marianne

Isobel said...

Looking fabulous x

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous storage I could use three of these instead of my lot .x[aNNie]🎄

pauline said...

wish i had your room instead my shed it cold to go up garden x

cuilliesocks said...

Looking good Marianne, Graham's done a great job, Kate x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Looks fabulous Marianne
Dianne xx :)

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Looking good Marianne, it's such a great feeling when everything is organised and you can lay your hands on just what you need easily, it makes creating a lot faster.
Lorraine

Fikreta said...

new storage looks so great!
have fun!
hugs

Julie said...

Fantastic- Marianne, enjoy!!!xx

pinky said...

It's looking good Marianne, as is your handy man Graham ;)

Christine said...

Looking great Marianne green with envy I do need a good clean out & re organise my room ..

smiles Christine x

Linda Simpson said...

It looks fabulous Marianne!
Hugs
Linda xxx

cotnob said...

A super unit Marianne, well done Graham.
I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol S. said...

It gives you so much more storage and easier to find things, when you remember where you put them!! I had a good sort out yesterday and labelled all my big boxes. We must meet up soon, Hugs, Carol S.xx

Christine Dol said...

Marianne, this is awesome. What a great feeling to have everything organized and look sooo good! I am so happy for you!

misteejay said...

So much easier to have boxes on shelves rather than stacked on each other - looking great.
Toni xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Looks awesome Marianne.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh I've been watching for pics!! That looks absolutely brilliant Marianne! I love the storage units I've bought from them. They do make it so much easier to access your stash when you can just slide each thing out of it's shelf. I love it! So glad we invested in a couple of smaller ones for me before leaving the UK. I can't get them here in NZ, so I knew it was worth splashing out before heading home. So glad I did! Your room is so lovely with it's pretty heather coloured walls and accessories too. What a fab space! Hugs, Wends xoxo (Well done Graham on the assembly too!)