Thursday 16 October 2014

NYC Streets


Back with another scrapbook layout today. I loved our visit to New York and really want to go back. It is just like you expect it to be from seeing it in movies and on TV. These pics were taken in Greenwich Village and Brooklyn. The bottom picture is of the famous brownstones which I have read about in many novels. Very tranquil walking around here away from the hustle of Times Square.

I tore and inked some old papers and added some vintage ribbon from Crafty Ribbons.I used a Tim Holtz on the edge townscape die also inked with DI Vintage Photo. The love lamp post is a new die from Doohickey I got with a voucher I won a few weeks ago at Winter Wonderland. I didn't have enough of each letter in the alphabet stickers I wanted to use so I used a mixture and I really like the effect.

Challenges
AllsortsCream and brown 
Bizzy Becs Anything goes

Two of my crafting friends who sell handpainted ceramics and textiles are sharing the shop at the hospital with me today. We did this a couple of months ago and we were very busy as is is right by the outpatient's reception. They have different people in there every day and we are hoping to get a regular day a month next year. It is an early start so I won't be around all day today.

15 comments:

brenda said...

A great l/o Marianne, I always plan to do some scraping but it never quite happens so well done you on actually getting there.

And a great entry for our them at Allsorts, thanks for joining in.

B x

julie_woolston said...

Fabulous layout Marianne love the design.
Hugs Julie xxx

Unknown said...

Another fabulous project, Marianne, and another fabulous keepsake, love it, hugs...

ps this would fit nicely into our challenge at Ooh La La Creations - Inspired by Nature xxx

Sammy said...

This is fab Marianne! Love that TH die! x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Great layout Marianne, and good luck for today.hope you sell lots
Hugs Kelly

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous layout Marianne it really complements the pictures. Susan x

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning this is such a fab scrapbook page it totally depicts New York one of my favourite places as well. Love and Hugs Carole x

Linda Simpson said...

Such a fabulous layout and loving the photographs.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sally Dodger said...

Another beautiful scrapbook page. I love the way you have used a selection of different letter styles and your papers and embellishments work so well with photo's. Sally D.x.

susiestacey said...

Lovely page of Memories Marianne.
Thank you for joining Allsorts 'Cream & Brown' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Kat W said...

A brilliant layout! The autumnal colours are lovely and the mixed up letter styles looks so good :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful scrapbook layout Marianne, super photos too, love the colours you've chosen too, hugs Kate x

Carol S. said...

Brilliant page. It really makes you feel the atmosphere. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Jackie said...

Wonderful LO Marianne, and although I don't enjoy tearing papers they look great :o)
Jackie xx

Jacee said...

Fabulous layout Marianne, a great way to remember your trip, love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design