Monday 21 May 2012

Travelling Light

This is my second post today and totally different from the first one. If you had told me when I first started my blog that I would be distressing and tearing I would have laughed and said no way. However now these are some of my favourite cards, expecially when using one of the gorgeous images from the very talented Krista Smith. This one is called Travel Lite and she is a Simply Sassy stamp from Sugar Nellie. She has been coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. The paper is from one of my fave pads,Bo Bunny Weekend Market and has suitcases all over it. I have used a Tim Holtz distressing tool and DI Vintage Photo. The grunge postcard is a LOTV stamp, which has been distressed and crumpled. I couldn't decide what to embellish this card with and decided upon stars cut with Nesties and Core'dinations. I wanted to make them more interesting and remembered I had a paper crimper which hasn't seen the light of day for a very very long time. I love the effect so expect to see this being used again now. I added a button from stash to finish it off.
Challenges

The Sugar Bowl Free for all
Paperplay Destruction
MAWTT Keep it real
Hotshot Die cuts
Bunny Zoe Anything goes
Creative Craft Distressed

If you are looking for the Crafter's Companion bloghop post please see the post below.

To enter my blogaversary yummy candy see the post above.

31 comments:

ger76 said...

Stunning card hun Love your colouring xxx

Linda Wescott said...

Great colouring, I love those images. The hair is always so much fun to colour. Great job on the distressing, and love your crimped embellies. Hugs lin

rachel said...

such a beautiful image - and your papers are brilliant - fab card xx

julie_woolston said...

This is gorgeous Marianne, I love all those gorgeous papers and so much detail,beautiful.

Hugs Julie x

Vee Cassidy said...

Stunning card, Marianne I would be sad without inking and distressing. Vee xx

Linda said...

What a great card, I love the colors
hugs linda

Dafi✿ said...

Beautiful project! I love the image and the papers:)

Unknown said...

Stunning card Marianne great image too" Jo xxx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fabulous creation as always Marianne. Love it

ali x

mags said...

Lovely card Marianne. The image is so sweet and coloured beautifully. Love all the distressing.
Mags
x

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Marianne, love that image and great distressing :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Linda Simpson said...

Another fantastic creation Marianne! I love the distressing and the paper crimping looks fabulous.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Kim. said...

Beautiful card, great choice of papers and colours for this adorable image. Thanks for joining us this week at Moving Along With The Times.
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

Beautiful I love the layout

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

Lovely card Marianne. I love the vintage feel to it.

Happy Crafting!!! :) X X

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card Marianne super colours

Anne

Lynsey said...

Wow Marianne what a stunning card!I really like this style of card and you are so good at them!
Hugs Lynsey x

Kate M said...

Really great card - love the distressed look!
Kate
xx

Chris said...

Gorgeous card, love all the detail. Chris xx

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous card Marianne, love the image and your amazing colouring. Fab details too, the stars are fantastic.

Donna x

Lisa Jane said...

ooh love the vintage feel ..
Lisa x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card Marianne, and your colouring is perfect:)x

Purple mad Alison said...

Great colouring on such a cute image :) Love how you've put it all together.
Hugs Alison x x

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous card Marianne, beautiful image
luv
Debby

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation, I just love the vintagey feel you have got going on! Looks fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

coops said...

stunning card marainne.love your distressing and fab image and design :D

xx coops xx

mixamatoasties said...

Stunning card Marianne. Love it.

Thanks for joining in at Creative Craft Challenges this week.

Susan x

Deirdre said...

Beautiful creation - thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay Challenges this week.

craftymum said...

Another wonderful card.Thank you for joining us at HSC for our Die Cuts Challenge.

Hugs sarah x

Erika said...

Great card Marianne love the distressed look and the postcard it goes so well with this stamp.
Thanks for taking part in the Sugar bowl and good luck, crafty hugs,
Erika.

Mina said...

stunningly designed card Marianne...as stunning as always...thanks for joining in with our Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx