Thursday 1 April 2010

A sad week



What a week I have had, leaving my lovely job after working for the Careers Service and then Connexions for the last 22 years. I had my leaving lunch on Monday and managed to stay dry eyed throughout my boss's speech and my speech. I have been overwhelmed with the cards, pressies and good wishes I have received. Yesterday was very upsetting saying goodbye to people, some of whom I have known a short time and some I have known for the 22 years, and everything in between and the tears flowed freely.

My house smells like a florist's. I had an enormous bouquet, Winnie the Pooh socks, apron, teatowels and ovengloves, and a £75 mock cheque to be spent at the Big Stamp and Scrapbooking Show. (I did get the cash for this later and who am I to argue with how I must spend the money!) These were from the collection and I also had some lovely individual presents including one of the new LOTV rubber stamps from my very good friend Lynsey.

I've had very little time for cardmaking or blogging this week as I've felt so tired with all the emotion.

I started my secondment at County Hall today for the next 7 months. It is a very different environment and means another 40-60 minutes a day's travelling.

I'm hoping for a relaxing Easter with plenty of me time which of course means some cardmaking and blogging and getting back to being my normal happy self. Happy Easter all.

13 comments:

Tammy said...

Sounds like they gave you a great send off....Wonderful goodies.
Hope you have a blessed Easter.
smiles...Tammy

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah siunds like yiou have been so well loved at the job, Love the flowers and cards you lucky Lady, Love Hazelxox

☼ Cheryl* said...

Awwww thats lovely :)!

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Sounds like you have had an emotional week. It must be very upsetting saying goodbye to all your friends and work colleagues. Judging by all the cards and presents you are certainly going to be missed.

Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend.

Lisa x

Jill said...

Looks as if you are going to be missed and that people appreciated you, now isn't that nice. I hope you have a lovely Easter and you take care now. Jill x

Sue said...

Awww thats lovely to get so many gifts and cards.
Have a lovely Easter.
Sue

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne
It made me feel really sad reading this post, Carrow Road just won't be the same without you.
Hugs Lynsey x

Lynda said...

It's always sad saying goodbye but it sounds like you had a great send off and some gorgeous prezzies - hope you settle into your new post really quickly.

Love Lynda xxx

Jenz Bitz 'n' Bobs said...

Aww sounds like you had an emotional week and a lovely send off. You got some lovely presents, don't forget to take a photo of the flowers for a scrapbook page. Have a lovely Easter and I hope you like your new job. Love Jenny x

dolcreations said...

What a wonderful send off you had! It is so nice to see so many care! You must have loved all the cards!!!!! Have a wonderful weekend! Relax and create!!!!

pinky said...

Just shows how much they all like and will miss you.
Pinky

Mandy said...

Marianne I'm so sorry you've had a sad week too, what a lovely send off you had.
Thanks for your sweet comment about Frodo, I really appreciate it
hugs Mandy xx

Smita said...

This is so touching. I hope you are alright now... Sure they will all miss you loads.

Hugs and best wishes,
Smita