Wednesday 27 January 2010

First Mother's Day card


I usually sell some Mother's Day cards at work so here is my first one. Keeping up my resolution to stay ahead this year. The layout was a happy accident. One of the things I love about cardmaking is that it isn't an exact science and sometimes wen you do something wrong it works out well. I punched the edges of the strip with my new MSBP and carefully stuck the ribbon so it wrapped around the edges. I hat just fixing the ribbon edge to edge as it may fray. That's when I discovered my error. I had forgotten to measure the strip and it was too wide to put across the card. I was going to put the image at an angle so I placed the border at an angle instead. I really like the lo this way. I added some punched and Prima flowers.
Challenges
Teddy Stampers 1 ribbon, 2 DP, 3 brads or buttons
Just Cute Bears One for the girls
Die Cut Dreams Bears
Sophisticat Mother

18 comments:

CRAFTERESA said...

what a lovely mothers day card, love the colours too,
Thanks for joining in the Teddy Stampers fun
Hugs
Crafteresa x

Kat said...

Lovely card Marianne and the layout looks really nice. Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears and hope to see you again.

Kat x

Jill said...

That's what you call a happy accident!! Its lovely!

gina g said...

Beautiful card love the cute image and the colours fab too. Thanks for joining the Sophisticats challenge this week. luv gina xx

Sonia said...

What a great card and a cute little bear. Thanks for joining us in the Just cute Bear Challenge this week.
Hugs Sonia xx

Unknown said...

As always Marianne, you have made a terrific job off your card, love the FF bear, I have to get some in my collection....thank you so much for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

Annie said...

cute card and thanks for joining in the fun with us at Just Cute Bears. hugs, annie x

Sharon said...

A lovely Mother's Day card Marianne. Thanks for joining us at Teddy Stampers, we hope to see you again soon. There's a new challenge out tomorrow, 29th Jan, so watch our space. Hugs Sharon

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

So sweet!

Thanks for joining us on Just Cute Bears

Hugs Jane x

jenny said...

Hi Marianne! Gorgeous Mother's Day card and I love the layout :)
Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears x

Jenny x

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne
This is wonderful Mothers Day card and the layout looks great!
Hugs Lynsey x

Ali Watson said...

This is so cute love FF bears. Thanks for playing along with Just Cute Bears this week.

Hugs Ali x

Cathy said...

Fabulous card.
Thank you for joining in the Just Cute Bears Challegne this time.
Cathy xx

Sarah said...

Lovely card.

Thank you for joining us at Just Cute Bears.

xx :0)

Susie Sugar said...

This is so cute .
Thanks for joining in this weeks DCD challenge we hope you will join us again on tomorrow
Love Susie xx

Unknown said...

Great card, love the polka dot paper & fab layout

Thanks for playing along with us at Sophisticats this week

Jan xx

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Very pretty card and super layout too. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week.
Love n hugs
VIkki xx

Nicola said...

He´s such a cute bear and your card is gorgeous. Love your papers and layout Marianne.
Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams this week.
Nicola -x-