Tuesday 10 November 2009

Remembrance Day

THIRD POST FOR TODAY
I've been so busy making cards that I haven't had much time for blogging so 3 entries today. This is a special card as the challenge is Remembrance Day at Moving Along with the Times which is one of my favourite challenges. The girls are looking for 2 new DT members so fingers crossed they like my card.

As well as remembering all the brave servicemen and women and their families at this time of year I also feel sad because my lovely Grandma died on Remembrance Day a few years ago. Although she was old and had been ill for some time she was always so full of fun and although her body was giving up her mind was as sharp as ever and she could beat me at a crossword puzzle.

No stamping for a change here. I decided to create a bouquet by scoring and folding a square of paper. The red represents the poppy for Remembrance Day, the flowers because my Grandma loved flowers, and so do I, and roses because her name was Rose. I punched some flowers and ferns and used an assortment from my stash, added some gems and a silver ribbon.

4 comments:

Jo said...

A lovely card Marianne. I've left something for you on my blog. Hugs Jo x

dolcreations said...

This is stunning Marianne! Your grandma would have just been in awh of this and all the beautiful cards you make!
Christine

thread-bare said...

Brilliant card Marianne. Thanks for joining us again at MAWTT. x Clare x

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne a lovely card to remember your Grandma by. I think this is beautiful.
Hugs Lynsey x