Monday 3 August 2009

Wedding Day


Saturday's post was a bit rushed as I had to quickly get the cards onto my blog before getting ready to go out with friends for a meal. I didn't even get a chance to include the recipe. Got home from work a while ago so want to get this card posted. I made it last night and by the time I finished it was time for bed. A friend at work wanted this card made for a young couple. I coloured the hair to match her description of their hair colours. She was a bit of a challenge so I combined cinnamon with ruby to get auburn, Promarkers of course. I wanted a lively bright feel to the card and as the person who asked me to make is very fond of pink thought I would include that by sing Papermania's Touch of Pink papers. It is so nice to make an A5 card especially when you want to put the names and date on the card. The lovely sketch is from Friday Sketchers. The other challenges are Go for Gold at High Hopes which is covered by the Wedding Day die cut from Sizzix and punched wedding rings on gold glitter card, the gems and bow and 3 flowers, 2 papers and 1 ribbon at Allsorts. You can't see the wedding rings very well on the photo but they are just under the couple.

8 comments:

Gro said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

Jules said...

Hi Marianne

What a lovely card.

I bet this will be loved and kept for ever.

Thank you for playing along with us in the Allsorts Challenge this week.

Love Jules xx

Debs said...

Hi Marianne
Great card - love the colour scheme.
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
TTFN
Debs xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Beautiful card

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

dolcreations said...

I personally think that homemade cards are the best! The couple will love the time you took to make such a nice and thoughtful card!
Christine

Lynsey said...

Beautiful wedding card Marianne! I love the pretty papers and the gorgeous image!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Such a lovely wedding card! I am sure the happy couple will love it.

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

Lisa x

Rach said...

A fabulous card. hugs rachxx