Sunday 16 August 2009

Late posting


Well this post is rather late for these three challenges. Hope I'm not too late but if I am well c'est la vie. I've had a busy weekend and only had time to make this card tonight. Had almost finished it when I heard some tinkling in the drawer of my unit where I keep some of my stash. When I checked the drawer I found one of my button containers didn't have the lid screwed on properly and all of the buttons had fallen out to the bottom of the drawer. As the drawer is made of basket and some of the buttons are the smallest buttons in the world they were also falling onto the floor and getting stuck in the wicker. Being a compulsively tidy person I had to clear them all up before I could finish the card. They are now stored in a wooden drawer at the bottom of the unit. So onto the card. The Forever Friends image has been coloured with Promarkers, cut out and framed with a nestie embossed with the swiss dots Cuttlebug folder and is for the Forever Friends Challenge of Lazy Days of Summer. Summer makes me think of flowers and butterflies so I added lots of butterflies to this card. I rotated the sketch from Cupcake who also wanted blue, brown and cream. The colour challenge at The Pink Elephant is brown, turquoise and neutral. As it is now dark I had to use the flash on the camera which has bounced back a bit on one of the butterflies, unfortunately. Hope you all had a good weekend. Back to work tomorrow.

2 comments:

joanne wardle said...

thanks you for taking part in the challenge, what a pain with the buttons!
your card is lovely

Wendy said...

Lovely card Marianne, thanks for joining the FF challenge this week
Wendy x