Monday 24 September 2012

Turquoise Tomboy and new stash


This card is for an order from one of my lovely Facebook crafting friends whom I have met a couple of times at craft fairs. This lady makes fab crocheted items.

The challenge at The Sugar Bowl is another great sketch with an option of turquoise. I've used Chillax from Sugar Nellie. I really love the turquoise Promarkers and Island Lagoon from the Summer limited edition fits beautifully inbetween Turquoise and Marine.I've used these colours on her jeans along with Petrol Blue. The papers are from various pads and I've used some blue ric rac from Crafty Ribbons, Lucy Cromwell sentiment, buttons and raffia. I thought that tying the buttons individually might look a bit messy as I like to tie them with the ends at the top so I stitched them in rows and then stuck them in place. So that leads me nicely into the button challenge at Crafty Catz.

What a fabulous day I had at Ally Pally on Saturday with Lynsey. I took my samples to Jayne at Stamposaurus and thankfully she was delighted with them. Here's a pic of the new stash I bought.

Yes, there are 30 rolls of double sided tape. I must get though about a roll a week and at 50p a roll at the show I just had to stock up. Nowhere in Norwich sells it at anything like that price. You will notice just one cute stamp and a set of cute stamps and sentiments, both from LOTV.

23 comments:

Jackie said...

Fabulous card, lovely colours. What a lot of lovely new stash, and I love your Sunday card too. I was in York all day so couldn't comment :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, adorable card Marianne, love the colours.
luv
Debby

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Great card Marianne love your colours and image
What great stash

jacqui x

Squirrel x said...

Simply gorgeous hun, love it! Hugs Sxx

Stamps and Paper said...

WOW Marianne what a great stash of new crafting goodies....look forward to seeing your cards using some of your stash

Anne

Lisa Jane said...

Looks like you had a fabulous day and spend lol.
Gorgeous card .. i love the colour and the little button corner
Lisa xx

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Marianne. I love the image and the colours are beautiful.
Lots of lovely new goodies for you to play with - have fun!


Hugs Sue

KraftyKoolKat said...

I was there Saturday Marianne. I thought I saw you but didn't like to come over in case it wasn't you. I wish I had now. Looks like you had a super time.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Marianne, love this image and gorgeous colours too. Enjoy your fab new goodies :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Linda said...

What a gorgeous new stash. The card is beautiful
hugs Linda

rachel said...

good shopping Marianne and a great card - love that image! Hugs rachel xx

Faye said...

Lovely colours and super details on this brilliant card. X

julie_woolston said...

This card is beautiful Marianne, gorgeous colours.

Hugs Julie x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card Marianne and wow that's some lovely stash you have there!! xx

Whisper said...

Great to see a different colour, super layout and extras too.

Looks like you had a great day out at Ally Pally, Luv Sam x

downrightcrafty said...

sort of swished past the card although it was gorgeous in that colour tone, but that shopping photo was so inspirational to my wish lists lol
Hugs Kate xx

coops said...

gorgeous card marianne.i love the image and colours and wow to your stash, enjoy :D

xx coops xx

misteejay said...

Super card - I just love your colour choice.

Wow to your new goodies...have lots of fun playing with them.

Toni xx

Elaine said...

Gorgeous card Marianne.
You certainly made a fantastic job with the turquoise theme (I really struggled with it!) and I know what you mean about buttons and the ends of thread!!

Looks like a mighty fine stash you bought there! Glad you had a fab day out.

Big hugs
Elaine xx

mags said...

A beautiful card Marianne. The image is super and just love the colour combo. Great idea with the buttons too.
Looks like you had a great day at Ally Pally with lots of new stash bought. Enjoy.
Mags
x

Sonia said...

Gorgeous card Marianne:)
And wowwwwwww, how many beautiful stash:)
Hugs,
Sonia

Kim said...

gorgeous card Marianne, love the colour and layout! Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz. Kim x

Louise said...

Beautiful card Marianne and love the button detail and glittery name,thank you for joining us at The sugar bowl.
Louise xx