Monday 13 August 2012

New Year's Eve in Florida


I had a lovely day on Saturday as my friend Lynsey came over and we spent the day making layouts. We managed to make three each. It was great to take some time off from cardmaking and lovely to have somebody to work with as we shared ideas and made suggestions to each other. I have a pile of holiday photos to work my way through and won;t get them finished before the next holiday I know.

Lynsey introduced me to a scrapbook blog and challenge, Sarah's Cards, and we both used the sketch for our first layout. I used a photo from a few years ago, taken in The Magic Kingdom in Orlando. They give the hats and blowers away and of course when everyone first get them you have never heard such a noise. Then it quietens down until the New Year Fireworks, which are amazing.

I have used Papermania Portobello Road and DCWV Nantucket papers, Sizzix Wingo Zingo alphabet, Woodware star punch and Xcut star dies.

I'll be back later with another layout to share.

9 comments:

Sandra H said...

Morning Marianne, Well this is brilliant sounds like you and your friend has a brilliant time producing a page like this its stunning xx

Tracie said...

What a great layout to showcase such a happy memory! love the layered stars!

julie_woolston said...

Fabulous layout Marianne lovely detail.
I love Winnie the Phoo.

Hugs Julie x

Sue said...

such a great photo Marianne and I love the layout

Hugs Sue

rachel said...

fabulous layout Marianne - I bet it was fun to have company for working on this! Brilliant work too. I've scheduled a post for tomorrow with the CAS card on it that I sent you - I hope that's okay!!! Hugs Rachel xx

Lynsey said...

We did have such a lovely day Marianne! This is a fab layout!
Hugs Lynsey x

Jen said...

fantastic photo! I love the page, especially the layered stars. Thanks for joining in with our challenge xx

Tracy said...

Great layout Marianne, such a fabulous photo too.
Tracy. x

Ifa said...

Great layout Marianne, thank you for joining Sarah's Cards challenge. I hope you will be back to visit us.