Saturday 3 December 2011

Aqua fairy

Well I'm feeling a bit better about my Christmas cards as I spent yesterday afternoon sorting out who was having which card, printing inserts, addressing the envelopes and getting the cards written. I have a nice pile all ready for posting. Hubby went to the PO to get a few of them checked as I would hate to put the wrong stamp on them. Most of them I know will need large stamps. I'm not a less is more person as you know. He also posted one to go abroad for me. Unfortunately the list shows I still have several more to make. What a good job I love making Christmas cards so much.

My card today is my DT card for Totally Gorjuss where Net has given us one of her lovely sketches to follow. I've used a gorgeous Pollycraft fairy with Papermania Enchanted papers. I've used my MS snowflake border punch again and Marianne poinsettia dies with a fabric spotted brad. I've sprayed the poinsettia with Spray and Sparkle, added glitter to the fairy and the papers are glittered too so this is a really sparkly card. Lace, seam binding and a Crafty Bitz sentiment to finish.

There are obviously so many Christmas challenges out there that I could link this to but I don't like linking too many to one card so my challenges today are:
Marianne Designs Sparkle and shine
Paper Sundaes Winter Wonderland
Hooked on Craft Winter Wonderland
Pollycraft Christmas fun
Simon Says Anything Goes
Wags n Whiskers Snow angels (or fairies)
Crafty Hazelnut Mainly monochromatic

Finally I'd like to remind you of my sketch challenge over at Squiggle Stamps. The challenge was a little late going up last week due to Tracy's internet problems so you may have missed it. You can use any image and you could win £20 to spend at Squiggle stamps where there is also a 20% sale on at the moment.

Have a good weekend everyone. Mine's another busy one, shopping, ironing, visiting my Mum this afternoon, out for lunch and a show tomorrow afternoon and evening. Hopefully time for a bit of crafting too.

22 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Marianne. Stunning card, gorgeous image, love the colour, very classy. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xxx

Sue said...

Marianne your card is gorgeous,love the colour.
Hugs Sue x

Seafield Jo said...

It's a gorgeous card Marianne, I love that colour. Jo x

Sandra H said...

Hi Marianne, Absolutely stunning as always:) Sandra H

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Marianne, the colours are beautiful
Clairexx

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a beautiful card - i love the colours and that gorgeous poinsettia

Lisa x

Suzi Mac said...

Oh my goodness, this is utterly adorable Marianne. I love the icy blue colours and that sweet image. Thank you for joining us at Marianne Design Divas with your lovely work.
Hugs
Suzi x

Hazel said...

Gorgeous card - love the rich colours and that sweet fairy image - thank you for joining in my CHNC challenge 49 - hope to see you again soon. x

Donna Mosley said...

A very pretty card Marianne, love the image and aqua combo. Gorgeous flower. Hope you have a lovely time at the show.

Donna x

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, what a gorgeous card! I love the colours you have used. Must get this fairy out again, sometimes you forget what you already have!
Hugs Lynsey x

Berry said...

This is so lovely Marianne what a sweet image and lovely frosty colours hugs Rebekah xx

dolcreations said...

Oh Marianne...this is stunning I tell ya! Wow...not your wonderful purples that you use (and let me tell you I totally love) but the turquoise is amazing....so pretty! I love the layout....Gorgeous Marianne, gorgeous! Hope you are doing fantastic. Have a great lunch tomorrow, you always seem to be having such fun!

Mariza Sales said...

Wonderful works. I am delighted with your blog
Hugs
Mariza
mariza.sales@gmail.com

Karen Letchworth said...

You've done a beautiful job with this entry. Thanks SO much for joining our Snow Angels Challenge at Wags-n-Whiskers.
Blessings,
Karen - Design Team Member

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh wow Marianne. This card is absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing and joining us at Hooked on crafts.
hugs Jackie

downrightcrafty said...

loving this colour choice and I have those papers aren't they delish, love how you have perfectly complimented them and beautiful image too
Hugs Kate xx

coops said...

so stunning marianne.i love your beautiful colours and image ;D

xx coops xx

crafty amy said...

Oh Marianne this is such a pretty card I love it :D
Thank you for joining us at Marianne's Design Divas and good luck.

Huge hugs

Amy xx

Mary J said...

Wow,rerally soft and pretty Marianne! Love it!

Thx for sharing with us at Pollycrafts Monday!

Mary J x

Stephanie (Arty Carty) Lee said...

what a beauty! Gorgeous colors and I love all the fabric you used on the card - so soft and elegant. Thanks for sharing your work with us at Wags n Whiskers. xxx Steph

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Bee-utiful detail. Like the color, flower & lace. Forgot to mention on another post that I grew up on E coast of FL and saw that you just visited there. Where in FL did you visit?
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Kattiz said...

So amazing card. And the winter colors really did it! Thanks for playing with us at Marianne Design Divas. Hugs Kattiz