Thursday 28 July 2011

Only one more sleep to launch day

After a little housework this morning we had some friends come round for coffee and a catch up so I'm a bit late posting today's sneak peek. Just one more sleep and then you will be able to order the gorgeous new SWALK and Humphrey stamps.

I wanted to make one of these diamond cards after I saw one on Create and Craft using a template. I couldn't find a tutorial so worked out how to make one. I've set up a tutorial page so if you want to know the measurements check out my page. I've also added tutorials for a joyfold card and a circular easel card. If you find them helpful please leave me a comment here.

I've used papers from the SWALK 2 CD and one of the new SWALK stamp sets called Deserve a Treat. I used a Nestie for the sentiment and then stuck it behind the diamond. I used distress ink and WOW glitter embossing powder on the edges of the image. Punched flowers and pearls to finish.

I would like to enter this into the challenge of food and drink at Card Makin Mamas and Happy Birthday at Dutch Dare.

I had a lovely surprise today as I won 4 digis at
and some gorgeous Wild Orchid flowers at

Both wins were with my teddy bear card which I got into both challenges with about an hour to spare.
Don't forget my candy which is in the post at the top of my blog.

10 comments:

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

Gorgeous Card!!! I love the colours you've used. :) X X

Jill said...

What a lovely little image Marianne! Is that a spring card? Jill x

Liliya said...

Gorgeous!! And great work on a diamond shape!

Sandra H said...

This is stunning love the shapes and the petals are gorgeous:) Sandra H

Claire said...

Fabby card! Love the shape and these images are just the sweetest. Hugs, Claire x

pinky said...

I love this one, good on you for getting the shape by yourself. Well done on the wins, thought I saw your name come up a few times today:)

coops said...

gorgeous card marianne.the shape is fab and i love the stunning image and colours.
huge congrats on your wins today, enjoy your goodies :D

xx coops xx

misteejay said...

Congrats on your lovely wins - have fun 'playing'.

Toni xx

Arline said...

Beautiful card!! Looking forward to doing something similar to this when I return home! She looks very chilled out!x

Unknown said...

Hi there - Ohh I love this diamond card shape & image is fab too! great job.
Thanks for joining us at Card-Makin' Mamas, we have another challenge starting today for a special Birthday Celebration with Tickled Pink stamps, hope you can join us, the sporsers images are absoultely gorgeous!
Deb.x