Saturday 19 June 2010

Chit Chat


It was supposed to be mainly nice today with the possibility of an odd shower. Well we have had a bit of sun and wind but those occasional showers have been every half an hour or so and very heavy. So I couldn't do the planned gardening and decided to make a card instead and spend a little while blogging before I get ready to go out to dinner and the theatre.

I just love Squiggle stamps and this month their challenges is Birthday Best and the prize is a place on the DT. Chit chat is one of their newest images which I bought recently as I thought it is such a fun image. They are coloured with PMs with added glitter. The papers are Henbury Lane and I punched some flowers out of the same papers and added some punched leaves and gems. The sentiment is from Craftwork Cards and matches the image so well. I rotated the sketch from sweet Sketch Wednesday, Crazy 4 Challenges want paper flowers and Bee Crafty want something pink and girly.

15 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Marianne - the weather I know how awful it is, I can't even step out the door without being blow away. This card does just the trick, bright and cheery and with that lovely beautifully coloured image. Just gorgeous
Kate xx

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Marianne, This card is too sweet! I love your DP and sweet flower, purse and border punch embellishments!

mulberry station said...

Happy Saturday Marianne, We are happy you joined us this week at SSW. I love your sweet image. It is super cute! Your take on the sketch is adorable.
Nancy SSW

pinky said...

Marianne this is just adorable, love the sweet little mice and the gorgeous papers you have used. Loved your C4E card, definitely great minds lol.
Pinky

Do What You Love said...

Oh how sweet are those mouse images; just love them! The papers are gorgeous, too! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! :)

dolcreations said...

Your card is bright and very cheery even though your weather is not!! I just love your chit chat card Marianne.....I love how you scalloped around the whole card...and those flowers are so pretty too! I hope you show us some pictures again of your garden! It must look so lush with all the rain you are getting!!!

Jill said...

Mmm... weather other this side of the country has been good, sunny and warm with occasional clouds! Just love that Henbury cardstock, bought it the other day. Jill x

Jeannie said...

How sweet and fun! Great job!
Thanks so much for joining us for Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Fiona said...

Marianne...this is so cute...they are like a couple of busy bodies whispering away to each other...oh my hubby has just walked passed and saw your card..Topo gigio he said...but then he likes all the ancient stuff from telly.

Fi
x

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I hear you about the weather. Surrounding areas have been flooding and have declared a state of emergency. We have been lucky where we live and haven't had any problems.

Such an adorable card. Love the colors and those images are cute!! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

Deanne :)

Fiona said...

Marianne...I have left something on my blog for you.

Fi
x

JR Creations said...

Wow Marianne, it's gorgeous! They are so cute together! Thanks for playing at SSW!

Jenny T.

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Such a sweet card! I love the cute image and gorgeous Henbury Lane papers.

So pleased the weather has improved here today.

Lisa x

Lisa said...

PS: Hope you had a lovely time at the theatre on Saturday night. x

Arlana 11426 said...

What an adorable image. You papers are so fun. Thanks for playing along @SSW!!!