Monday 20 July 2009

First retirement card today


Well as predicted I didn't get a lot of time for crafting last week. I checked out a couple of blogs last night and to my surprise found I am the very lucky winner of Vicky's (Angeldrummer)blog candy. I am very excited about this particularly as I got to chose some stamped images from her. I chose Whiff of Joy as I don't yet have any of these stamps and they are gorgeous. Can't wait to receive my parcel. Thanks a million Vicky. That's 2 things I have won this week, the first being £25 on the premium bonds (see earlier blog lst week). They say things come in threes so perhaps I will be this week's lucky lottery jackpot winner, ha ha. If I am you can be sure there will be some fantastic blog candy up for grabs.

Hubby is back at work today so apart from a few chores the day is mine for cardmaking. Spent some time blogging this morning, checking out what is happening and commenting on those blogs I follow. I have made 2 cards so far today, both orders for retirement cards. Sketch challenges are so great for A5 cards. This is for a huge Notts County fan, as you can see by the shield, which I used instead of a flower on the sketch. The sketch is from Truly Scrumptious who wanted a theme of black and white with one other colour. Perfect for this card as Notts County colours are black and white. the red just gives some contrast.
Ingredients
Stamp - Football logo Personal Impressions, footballer Pollycraft
Coloured with Letraset Promarkers and fineliner
Paper - Papermania Monochrome and red from stash

5 comments:

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, looks like you have been busy today! This is a great male card.
Hugs Lynsey:)

Sharon said...

This is lovely Marianne. The colours are great for a male card. Thanks for joining us at TS.

LOUISE said...

Great card Marianne, love the cute image. Louise x

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous card Marianne. Love the cute image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

Mina said...

what a great blokes cards Marianne...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
Mina xxx